Lehigh Connects new Feature - Projects
The Lehigh Connects alumni and student networking community has a new feature, Projects, designed to help current Lehigh students build experience by completing real-world, experiential projects that can also benefit alumni businesses.
Projects on Lehigh Connects are fueled by individuals like you—fellow alumni, faculty, parents, or university partners, who can sponsor a paid or unpaid project for a student to complete remotely. It takes only minutes to post project details and descriptions that are short-term (20-200 hours) and able to be completed virtually. Students will be able to browse and apply to projects that connect to their career interests and academic programs. The alumni project sponsor will also have complete control over the project description, review all applications and make hiring decisions. Students who are selected for project work are expected to meet project expectations and regularly communicate with their sponsor. And Lehigh Connects helps you manage this process, every step of the way.
Sign Up Instructions
- Light sign up only requires your name and email address to begin. This will allow you to post and share projects for students
- If you would like full access to the Lehigh Connects alumni community you can later complete your profile which provides full access to browse the network and use the communication tools.
Instructions for posting a project on Lehigh Connects:
- Click “Opportunities/Job Board” from the menu
- Click the blue “Explore Projects” button
- Choose “Post a Project” button on the right side of the page
- Choose from one of the example projects and click “Copy Template”
- Or click custom project to create your own
Watch this short video for more detailed instructions on how to post a project to Lehigh Connects.
Example projects include:
- Data input or analysis
- Graphic design - logo or marketing materials
- Market Research
- Social Media Development
- Website development
- App development
- Support fundraising efforts
- Write or edit content
- PR assistance