The Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) is here to support you through every step of your career development journey as you pursue your graduate studies at Lehigh University. We seek to empower graduate students to discover how your specialized skill set will translate into career pathways both within and outside academia.
We encourage you to invest in your career and professional development during your time at Lehigh:
- Access on demand resources and ongoing events - find career-related content and tools in Lehigh’s exclusive Career Resource Library, the Hire Lehigh blog, and the Hire Lehigh YouTube channel. Register for ongoing events in Handshake including the Career Management Seminar to build key connections and further develop career management skills. Learn more about the full range of resources and services available.
- Utilize career coaching support - schedule an appointment via Handshake with your graduate student career coach with in person and remote options with a variety of time slots. After engaging in a career coaching session, 100% of students reported feeling confident in taking action steps to move forward towards their career goals. Visit Career Lab for walk-in support from a member of our career team weekdays 11 am - 4 pm in Maginness Hall, Suite 500.
- Expand your connections - connect with employers from all industries and explore a range of opportunities including internships, fellowships, graduate assistantships, and full-time positions through Handshake.
- Seek discipline-specific guidance - consult with your faculty advisor and gain insights from professionals in your chosen field from our vast alumni network as well as relevant professional associations.
- Tap into extensive opportunities on campus - leverage support offered by The Office of Graduate Student Life, The Office of Creative Inquiry, and The Office of International Students and Scholars. Get involved in graduate clubs and organizations on campus.
Graduate students have full access to all services and resources provided by The Center for Career & Professional Development. Please review our web pages to learn more. We encourage you to build your skills as a foundation for life-long career development.